Natural Agate Balls Grinding Media
Available Diameter: 5mm~20mm
High purity natural agate (97.26% SiO2) grinding media balls, highly wear-resistant and resistant to acids (except HF) and solvent, these balls are used whenever small quantity of samples need to be ground without contamination. Different sizes of agate grinding balls available: 5mm to 20mm. The grinding media balls are extensively applied to in the fields of Ceramics, Electronics, Light Industry, Paint, Ink, Medicine, Food, Geology, Chemical Engineering and so on.
Features of Agate Balls
- High purity, low contamination to the samples
- Very cost-effective, low wear and long lifetime
- High specific gravity, high grinding efficiency
- Highly wear resistant to acid and solvents
- Highly polished, smooth, easy to clean, low abrasion to the equipment
- High mechanical strength, good toughness, impact resistance, no broken beads
- Mainly used for lab planetary ball mill machine
Use of milling media balls
- Pregrinding the coarse, hard material with large balls.
- Use of many small balls increases the fine fraction on increasing the running time
- A higher mass (spec. weight) of the grinding balls will accelerate the grinding.
SIZE OF THE GRINDING BALLS
|Type of feed material||Ball diameter|
|Hard samples feed particle size <10 mm||30 mm or 40 mm|
|Medium piece size (<5 mm)||20 mm|
|Fine material (0.5 mm)||10 mm or 5 mm|
|Homogenisation of dry or liquid samples||10 mm|
|Homogenisation of viscous samples||20 mm|
These are recommendations: One should determine the size of grinding jars and grinding balls experimentally, if necessary.
CHOICE OF GRINDING JARS & GRINDING BALLS
In order to prevent excessive abrasion, the hardness of the grinding jars used and of the grinding balls must be higher than that of the material used. Normally, grinding jars and grinding balls of the same material should be chosen.