- 99.8% of Alumina Labware is made from a special grade of Alumina imported from ALCOA Germany.
- This Labware is made by slip casting and pressure casting. Special care is taken to maintain the purity of sintered Alumina to be above 99.8%
- Sintered Grain Size is between 2-4 microns.
- Tolerance: +/- 1mm for all dimensions up to 50 mm. +/- 2mm for all dimensions above 50 mm.
- Typical Chemical Composition of ALCOA Powder (Sintered Product) by wt %
Al2O3 [%] 99.8 (99.8) SiO2 [%] 0.015 (0.05) MgO [%] 0.04 (0.08)
Na2O [%] 0.03 (0.03) Fe2O3 [%] 0.015 (0.015) CaO [%] 0.01 (0.03)
All data are based upon Ants standard test methods. The typical values are based upon actual averages from production data.
- Sintered Density: above 3.9 gm/cc, above 98% TD (3.96gm/cc)
- Lustre and Color: With submicron Alumina powder from ALCOA, Ants create special Vitreous Lustre, Ivory Color and a Translucent high purity Alumina Labware.
- Solubility in boiling HF: 0.1 % by wt after three hours. Solubility in boiling HCL, H2SO4 and NaOH after 12 hours: less than10-3% by wt.
- Thermal Shock Behavior: Temperature change rate should not exceed 150°C/Hr
- Maximum Temperature of use without load: 1750°C
- Components of Alumina 99.8% made by Ants have been tested with success for Ultra High Vacuum Compatibility.
- Although Alumina 99.8 does not react with most acids, chemicals and reagents, it does form Low-temperature eutectic with compounds of Bismuth, Lead, Silicon, Tin, Antimony and rare earth. So care has to be taken to not use Alumina wares for heat treatment of one eutectic forming compound with another eutectic forming compound.
Ants 99.8% Alumina wares are especially useful to chemists, metallurgists, and others high temperature involved in work demanding contamination-free results. These wares are highly refractory, meant for use in reducing and oxidizing atmospheres. It is inert in hydrogen and carbonaceous atmospheres and offers high resistance to alkalies and other fluxes. Suitable for glass melting, including borosilicate glass.
|Units of Measure||Value|
|Tensile Strength (250°C)||MPa||275|
|Co-Efficient of Thermal Expansion||10-6/°C||8.4|
|Dielectric Strength||AC – KV/mm||16.9|